Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Smell of Home

As I walked from the train station to my car I walked down a nice little residential street in the cold early evening darkness. Nice neat gardens were in front of nice neat houses. Warm soft light emitted through curtained windows. As I walked the smells of the home cooked dinners entered me and took me back in time.

I wished I was coming home from work to one of these houses and my happy children would excitedly greet me at the door and my beautiful wife would smile and kiss me as I walked into our warm home.

I had that life for a while but now that is gone. My life is now very different.

I feel glad that my Dad had that life. But then remembered that before I was born his life was also very different. Maybe like him this life will return to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment