Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Melancholy Joy

Heavy dark clouds hanging above the ocean are gently but relentlessly being pulled downwards, stretched in hazy dark arcs. Little white fluffy clouds float playfully and effortlessly above the land. Above me the narrow blue sky stretches endlessly along the shoreline.

I sit on my surfboard in the glassy calm water between the large melancholy dark clouds and the joyous little white clouds. The cool water cleanses me. I paddle into a little wave. I glide along its surface. My body moves without instruction and I briefly enter a tube. I feel that I am playing with, and almost making love with natures energy as she reveals herself to me in brief pulses as the swells become waves.

I become surrounded by little circles as rain drops lazily land in the water around me. The rain drops momentarily attempt to bounce back to the sky, surprised by the strange feel of the ocean. They then contently descend again as they recall their beautiful place of origin.

I feel so lucky as nature shows me a new emotion of the blissful coexistence of melancholy and joy. My spirit feels at home and energised as I join with all the beautiful energy surrounding me.

3 comments:

  1. you almost make it sound non scary. I am happy to observe everyone else from the safety of flat ground^^

    p.s nice to know you found an ugly face in your shower, lol. very amusing...maybe like the jesus or ET chargrilled on toast you can make a cool buck or two on Ebay ;)

    just between you and me:I found a small pink metallic heart in mine! I have absolutely no idea how it got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s conference in perth next year...if i go and you're around we should meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This day of surfing was quite amazing with the sky and water. I wish I had my camera with me.

    Your small pink heart sounds like a much nicer find than my ugly face :)

    Yes for sure if you come to Perth it would be great to meet up.

    ReplyDelete