Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Possession and Jealousy

Entering a relationship. Do you begin to see your woman as a possession to be jealously guarded? Do you worry that your woman is faithful to you? How can you enjoy your woman if you have feelings of mistrust? Our experiences from the past teach us about what may happen in the future. What if the previous experience teaches you mistrust? There can be no point in a relationship if there is mistrust because you would be less happy than being single. Can being in a relationship result in greater happiness than being single? Do the complications of a relationship outweigh the occasional feelings of loneliness of being single? The answer is I do not know. A solution can be to never enter a relationship. Another solution would be to be open to a relationship in the knowledge that you will not be dependent on that relationship for happiness and that you can end the relationship if it is not resulting in greater happiness than being single.

4 comments:

  1. I like this. Entering a serious relationship, the couples should not keep secrets in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are insecure it's either something you have to work out personally or your partner needs to change. In any case I think this post is funny cos...it seems like the tables have turned: you're the one thinking too much! hehe

    I say just go with the flow- if you're happy and things work out great. Life is too short to worry and overthink everything.

    I think you just need time to heal from your wounds and be able to trust again)hopefully it doesn't take too long). Of course delving back in requires guts...something on which I should be the last person to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Madame D great to hear from you :)

    Zhen, yes I suffer from overthinking. Have done for a long long time. I know about love for family and animals and ants. The love that I am struggling with is romantic love. It is the only love that comes with risk and the only love that seeks reward i.e. to be loved in return. It is also the only love that seeks to possess. Romantic love that does not seek reward or to possess has no risk. That is the type of romantic love I need to grow to. But yes I should relax and just go with the flow and listen to those three little birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha next time they cheep at my window i'll tell them to pay you a visit :)

    i think non romantic love can also seek reward in a big way. But I do agree that romantic love can easily be very possessive and suffocating.

    ReplyDelete